Saturday, December 01, 2007

I was cheering for the Generals

The Harlem Globetrotters game last night was really enjoyable for the kids. I remember watching them on TV when I was a kid and wishing that I could go see them in person. And it's entirely possible that I did. I'll have to ask my parents. I've slept since then. And given birth. Which led to the brain damage that destroyed my memory.

If you ever get the opportunity to go see the Harlem Globetrotters with a group of six year old boys, SEIZE IT. It is hilarious. I had far more fun watching them than the actual "game." They haven't figured out yet that it's just a show and not a real game, so watching them get anxious about it is quite humorous. At halftime, the Washington Generals were ahead and the boys were almost beside themselves.

"Oh, I hope the Globetrotters win! Do you think they'll win Mommy?"

"Gee, I don't know Bear. It's a real nail biter!"

At some point in the first half, one of the players gets "injured" and has to be helped off the court. When he came back on in the second half, on crutches, the boys were all so amazed at how well he can play with a broken ankle.

"Wow! He is TOUGH!"

Once the Globetrotters start to make their comeback, the boys really began to cheer.

"Go 'Trotters!"

When they would score, this one little boys would shout, "YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' about!"

From a six year old.

I. was. rolling.

Bug was really bored at the beginning but he started getting into it after a short while. He was having as much fun hanging out with his big brother and the other Scouts as he was watching the game. By the end, he could barely sit up, but he wasn't about to let me take him home early.

SD got the kids a ball ($25! Crazy!) and got it autographed for them. Very soon, it will destroy all of the breakables in my house, I am certain, because they keep trying to be Globetrotters.

"Under the leg! Behind the back! Now! Bounce it off your head!"

CRASH!!!

Hasn't happened yet, but if it doesn't dry out enough for them to play outside, we are headed for disaster. YIPES!

Tonight, SP is having a friend sleep over. I think we may go see Enchanted. I have head good things about that movie. The most surprising thing about it is that it has a PRINCESS in it and SP actually wants to go see it. This is a new one for me. I'll let you know how it is.

Nos,. since it is almost 2:00 in the afternoon, I guess I'll go shower. Just a thought.

No comments: