Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Things I swore I would never, ever say to my kids (and then I became a Mother!)

  • If you aren't asleep soon, I'm coming in there and spanking your bottom!
  • How can you possibly call this room clean?
  • Please just stop talking. For five minutes. That's all I'm asking.
  • I didn't ask if you wanted to, I told you to clean off the table/pick up the legos/go feed the dogs......
  • Really? That's how you are going to do your hair for school?
  • I embarrassed you? Well, then, my work here is done!
  • You can eat it or not eat it, but this is what we are having for supper.
  • When you get a job, you can have all the (insert toy/food here) you want. But I don't have any money for that today.
  • Yeah, well, LIFE'S not fair! Get used to it.
  • I don't care that your friends get to. If it's that important to you, maybe you should live there.
  • Yes, you can (insert activity here). As soon as you get your room cleaned up.
  • Because I'm mean and evil through and through.
  • Also? Because I said so!

Now it's your turn. What did I leave out?

No comments: