First, Mary, of Very Contrary, nominated me as a Rockin Girl Blogger! Which is what I needed to hear as of late. I've been feeling like the frumpy old Mom blogger. So THANKS! Mary always, always makes me laugh. And if she just lived thismuch closer to Candyland, I am fairly certain that we would be hanging out regularly. And that Pookie and SD would be buddies as well. Because I know that they would both at least appreciate what it's like to continually roll their eyes at the latest online antics of their crazy wives. (And I mean crazy in the nicest possible sense of the word, Mary. *smooch*)
I'm supposed to nominate five other Rockin Girl bloggers, and I shall, but before I do...
Angel of Give me Something Sing to About and Slayer in Training (among others) nominated me for a Schmooze Award. Which is explained thusly:
“As it goes, schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.... I've thought of some great people who have made me welcome and schmoozed their way into my blog and life that I'd like to give this most prestigious Power of Schmooze Award!”Angel has been a constant encourager in my world for a couple of years now. Even in the depths of pain and despair, she always manages to validate my feelings and make me thankful for all I have. So, you darling are certainly one of my top Rockin Girl Bloggers. One day they will invent a pill for both of us that vaporizes migraines once and for all never to be felt again. One that has NO side effects - ie itching and mind-numbing fatigue - and works the first hour you take it and forever more. Until then, deary, I'll be here for you and I know I can count on you. *sniff, sniff*
Moving along...I am nominating the following five ladies for both of these wonderful awards, because you truly deserve them (and not at all because I am horribly lazy and can't summon the energy to come up with TEN and put in the links. No, not. at. all.).
1. Christine of Mommy Matters, who is of course also known as my Blogmother, being the person who sat on the phone with me while I set up this blog and nursed me thru numerous other crises. I just wish that we had time to talk more!
2. Hula Doula, who I SWEAR I will get to go visit one day before I die so that we can sit and drink wine while our children forge fast friendships that will last a lifetime. That or we can at least take turns putting out the fires and intervening on the inevitable disasters that three little boys will create while their big sisters roll their eyes and sigh disgustedly. I've shared with you one of Hula's most amazing moments. And that was just an inkling of how awesome she is!
3. Peaches over at The Peach Pit who has, on more than one occasion, opened her home to me while I was in transit to weddings and showers, etc. She is a fellow fighter pilot's wife and knows me in ways that few people do. She is such a cool friend.
4. Mother Chaos, whose denizens rival mine in their antics and mis-adventures. I admire her for her parenting style...mostly because it is so much like mine. Also, she can KNIT which is a talent that envy with the greenest color you can imagine, yet know that I do not now, nor well I ever, have the patience or attention span to learn. (did I just win the award for longest run-on sentence ever? well, I came close, I'm sure) Plus, she never, ever fails to make me not just laugh, but guffaw. Which bring the children running in to find out what's so all fired funny and not understanding at all when they see nothing but a picture of a cute little knitted baby hat. Philistines. If I ever go back to California, we are so going to hang out. Though, I'm sure I'll never be cool enough to hand out at the den.
5. Mary at Fireflies & Frogs, who is one of the bravest women I have ever known. She is also among the best moms (and now grandmothers!) and friends in the blogosphere. She really considers her kids in every decision she makes. But I am mostly happy that she is finally able to get on with her life and have some fun. Mary, you are awesome.
So there you go. I know that there are more of you out there who mean the world to me. Friends who have gotten me through some of the roughest patches of my life. Thanks to all my pals! You know who you are and you deserve awards, too. Go ahead...take the button. :)