At least that is the message I tried to get across to Bear this weekend after he came into the kitchen carrying a light bulb and telling me, "This burned-ed out. I need a new one." Meanwhile, I'm on the verge of a stroke, imagining the possible electrocution or the shards of glass embedded in my son's hands.
I may have gone a little overboard in my admonishment. I say this because after about the seventeenth "never! Do you understand?" his eyes began to glaze over. I'm certain that he was thinking to himself, "Geez, lady, see if I ever try to help YOU again!"
Other actions we learned this weekend that little boys should never do:
- administer punishment (spanking, scratching, throwing to the floor) because, "He wasn't picking up!"
- pour cinnamon-sugar directly into their mouths from the container.
- anything involving power tools.
- taking hammer to glass. (oh, yes, indeed!)
- fix their own waffles.
- get up before 5:30. *yawn*
- put stickers on my walls, doors and/or furniture.
- climb over the fence to play in the front yard without permission.
Yes, it was a looooong weekend. Some people dread Mondays. In some ways, it's my favorite day of the week. Until school is out, anyway.....