Okay, I know that I am running behind with these. But I've barely had time to check my email except for when I was in bed with the nastiest cold I've had in a long time. Bleh. Anyway, these are the things that I have been thinking about for the past few weeks. Things that are important to me to resolve to work on in 2009.
- Focus on being the wife my husband needs me to be. I have choices in this life and I am choosing to make my marriage stronger and happier. I love this man more than anything & he deserves the best.
- Take more time to listen to what my kids are saying to me rather than insist on immediate compliance. Sometimes I am so focused on what I want them to do or not do, I don't wait to hear the explanation of WHY they are/aren't doing something.
- Make my husband and children feel treasured and adored. Because they are. Each one of them.
- Laugh more and yell less.
- Practice more patience as SugarPlum enters these preteen years. This is a very scary, crucial time. I have GOT to remember to take a deep breath and think before I judge or act. She needs to be able to trust me as much as I need to trust her. Heaven help me.
- Continue to eat healthier and go to bed at a reasonable time (ie sometime before midnight!)
- Remember that I started this blog to write about my life and to make a record of all the cool, funny things my family says and does. I have lost what should have been so many wonderful memories the past few months because I have been at a loss about what to write. I want to get my "mojo" back.
I appreciate those of you who have been here to support me in the past few months. It's been a roller coaster and you have been invaluable to my life! Happy New Year, y'all!