Friday, April 27, 2007

Sweet Nothings from the Sugar Babies

Yes, another "list post" but if I don't get these things down now, I will forget and some of them are too priceless to pass up:


*Easter Sunday, after church:

Bear:...after Jesus died on the cross for us, they took him and put him in a tube.

SP: {{huge eye roll}} A TOMB. Not a tube. They put him in a tomb!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Back porch one sunny afternoon & Bug climbs up the steps to the hot tub and proceeds to shake his booty:

"I have to do my hiney practice now...."

(This, too elicited a big eye roll from his big sister. But, being ten, very little doesn't.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Also after Sunday School one afternoon:

"What did you learn about in Sunday School today?"

"Oh, you know, about God and those people."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Uh huh. We learned about when Jesus washed those people's feet."

"Hmmmm. And how did he wash their feet?"

"With a hose."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Bedtime, while I am rocking Bug:

::Bear playing in his bed doing flips and rolls and being generally obnoxious and distracting::

"Bear! Settle down, lay still and be quiet!"

"But Mommy! I have a lot of plays that need to get out before I can go to sleep!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SugarBug! Who loves you most in the whole wide world?"

"Mommy! And Daddy! And SugarPlum and Bear and Rebeka and Gram."

"And Gray Gray?"

"No...I just like him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Mommy hears Bear heading her way and he is sobbing::

"What's the matter sweetie? Did you get hu......why don't you have any clothes on?"

"We were having a {{sniff, sniff}} naked contest and I {{sob, sniff}} fell on the wooden part of my bed and hurt my leg!"

"A naked contest? What in the world is (this is when I decided that there are some things that I just don't want to know)...let's go find a band-aid for your leg."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With apologies to Holli

"Someone has GOT to come see this spider!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SugarPlum! You were right! That IS Mars out there!"

::confused stares from Mommy and SugarPlum::

"What are you talking about?" (must be read with the general disgust that only a 10 year old big sister can convey)

"Outside! You were right! That IS Mars!"

"Bear. Where is Mars? I don't know what you are talking about."

"Outside! Over there! That red stuff that says how hot it is. My teacher told us that! is! MARS!"
*giggle & sigh*

"Mercury. That stuff is called Mercury. Not Mars."

(this conversation went on for a long time and got funnier, but I don't think that I can do the rest of it justice.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lordy, I love these children!

No comments: