Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Peer Pressure

I would say that I am new to the blog "scene," but I have been reading them for a long time. I started reading Dooce last year then started linking to other blogs from there. See how unoriginal I am? It always seemed (especially on dooce) that the people who commented were a special club & if you weren't already in, you would just feel stupid. You know, like junior high all over again. Eventually I got brave enough to comment on some of the blogs. I found Christine's site & she actually wrote me back after a comment. It was very exciting. After that, we became good friends. She has been harassing encouraging me to start a blog for a long time.

Then last month, Muzikdude interviewed me on his blog. I had such a good time and got some good feedback so I decided that after this move, I might consider having a blog. See, I want to sit with the cool kids at lunch!

I'm not sure how witty I will actually be. Usually, I succeed only in cracking myself up. Chrstine wants me to tell the poop story, and I will soon. Hopefully, I will post about more than poop, though it is a major component of nearly every day around here! I feel like lately I have been consumed by my kids and moving. I do have a brain & a college degree, but I am not sure how much either of them is utilized anymore! I have a degree in Early Childhood, which, ironically, did little to prepare me for motherhood. I think that there isn't much that can really prepare you for motherhood. I enjoy talking about politics and current events when I have enough time to know what is going on in the world. That ain't now, I can tell you that.

So, I hope that you will bear with me as I get a grip on writing more than just a quick comment. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave enough to tell someone else about this blog!

No comments: