Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Biting my nails a little

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday), at 6:30, I am taking my sweet SugarBear to the hospital. He is getting tubes in his ears and having his tonsils and adenoids removed.

I know that they do this surgery a hundred times a day. I know that this is really no big deal and that he will be fine.

But, I also know that my little boy is a little fweaked out. He asked me if it's "gonna hurt when they cut those things outa my froat?" I told him that he would be asleep when they did the actual cutting out of those things. But that it would probably hurt some when he woke up and that he would feel pretty crummy for several days. BUT!!! He will get to eat popsicles and ice cream and pudding and jello! So, there is a silver lining.

I must say that I am a little fweaked out myself. Things go wrong. Anytime there is anaesthesia, there is a chance that things can go wrong. That and I hate that my Bear is going to be hurting. I know, I know. In the long run, he will be better and hurt less. But, damn, I hate the short run!!

So....if you don't mind...if you are so inclined, could you say a little prayer for my SugarBear? And maybe his mommy, too.

No comments: