Friday, May 11, 2007

Springtime in Candyland

*whew* I'm glad I got that off my chest!

Anywho....Holli has inspired me to share the pretties that the previous owners left behind at our house. They have been a very nice surprise and a much needed bit of happiness and beauty around here this week.

I LOVE having flowers in my garden. The irony of that is that if you asked anyone who knows me very well at all, they would laugh - nay, guffaw - at the notion of me actually "gardening." I'm not a dig/plant/water/get your hands in the dirt kind of girl. I'm more of a "hey! look what popped up in the flowerbed! I hope they come back next year!" kind of girl. And as such, this is what I will share with you.




The clematis growing on my front porch. I love clematis and I'm hoping that next year it will climb all the way up the post. Any suggestions as to how to nurture it? I have no clue in these matters.
Irises! In my back garden! Who knew?! At our first assignment after we were married, there was a place called Swan Lake and Iris Gardens and it was one of the most beautiful places in the world to me (if you can get past the stench of swan poop). This takes me waaaaaay back to that "honeymoon period." *sigh*
LOOK how gorgeous this flower is! The purple! The yellow! How could you not be happy looking out your back window at this every day?!
You know the only thing that would make it better? Having my handsome husband here with me to enjoy it! I miss you honey! Only 53 more days!!! xoxoxo

No comments: