Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The language of my insanity

I've been contemplating my depression and all its facets. No, I'm okay right now, really!, just being introspective. Sometimes I wonder what it means when you realize you are crazy. Does it mean that you are reeeaaalllly crazy or does it mean that the meds are working you have gotten enough better to SEE that you are crazy & how bad you WERE? Does this even make sense?

Probably not. When I started writing this post, I said that I was okay. But I think that I was very much NOT okay, because the next day, I was having a "discussion" with SD and ended up shaking up my big bottle of crazy and spewing it all over him. It actually ended up being a good thing, though at the time, I am almost certain that he considered calling the men in the white coats. More than once. But by the end of my incoherent rant (which differs from my blog posts how?), I felt much better having given voice & words to the depression and anxiety that I have been dealing with over the past several years. It ebbs and flows, my depression. I mentioned possibly being bipolar a few weeks ago. I really don't think that I am. But I do think that I cycle in and out of depression quite often. I just don't get the "manic" parts of bi-polar. No, I still haven't talked to Dr. C about this because...well, I suppose because I still am not sure I can handle the answer.


Anyway, these are the words that I have associated my depression & anxiety. (How much more of a downer could I be?)
  • despair
  • alone
  • overwhelmed
  • dark
  • helpless
  • agitated
  • ashamed
  • pit
  • hopeless
  • anxious
  • ache
  • sleepless
  • exhausted
  • empty
  • numb
  • hurt
  • fatigue
  • pretending
  • smoldering
  • unfocused
  • disappointing
  • angry
  • stress
  • blurry
  • crazy
  • inadequate
  • difficult
  • medicated
  • moody
  • distracted
  • insane
  • trying
  • misunderstood
  • spinning
  • ill
  • brain
  • dying
  • low
  • over-stimulated
  • sensory deprivation
  • messy
  • apathy
  • misunderstand
  • suffering
  • distorted
  • cloudy
  • worthless
  • incapable
  • dishonest
  • black
  • lifeline
  • adrift
  • entangled
  • pathological
  • joyless
  • abyss
  • reason (or lack of)
  • rain
  • undeserving
  • bottomless
  • falling
  • regret
  • frustrated
  • disorder
  • therapy
  • fear
  • lost
**As an aside, does anyone know how I could have made this list into two columns? I couldn't figure it out and it about pushed me over the edge (just kidding)!

No comments: