Wednesday, April 05, 2006

EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!!

So, tonight, SugarPlum had a soccer game at 6:00. Which meant that she had to be there by 5:45. Which meant that she had to leave here no later than 5:30. Which meant that she needed to eat supper at 5:00 because LORD the child dawdles - especially at mealtime and especially if she needs to eat quickly.

We usually eat at 6:00, no neither the boys nor I were ready for supper at 5:00. SugarPlum was elated because she got to have a frozen dinner, which is nearly unheard of around here. Later, the boys had leftovers. YAY for them.

Now, the kids are in bed and SD has gone to pick up Mexican food for us. My task is to prepare the margaritas. Not too challenging, since we keep a bottle of the pre-mixed Jose Cuervo Gold margaritas in the fridge at all times. (For those emergency tequila situations, dontcha know).

However...as I was pouring the margaritas into the salted glasses, I reached the bottom of the bottle. And there is no back up bottle in the pantry (yes, there usually is).

Guess where I'm going in the morning.

(Fortunately, there was just enough for us to both have one. Now, I'm trying to remember that rhyme from college: Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. I should be okay with a Shiner Bock if I finish my margarita before my fajitas).

No comments: