Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Squeaky Wheel Gets the...Beer???


look! new haircut AND new glasses!

So, every once in a while, I get stuff in the mail from people for me to review. Like books, the new (and improved!) Swiffer, the Febreeze Notice!ables, and various other things. Usually, this stuff comes from Charlie. I'm not sure exactly what Charlie's job is, I'm assuming some sort of PR work. But Charlie is one of my favorite. people. ever.

One day a few weeks ago, I was reading over at Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda (if you don't read this site, you are crazy. Mir is so funny and dead-on!) and Mir mentioned that she had gotten a beer in the mail from Charlie. Being the whiny, smart ass that I am, I left this comment:

SHEESH! Charlie sends me baking tins and air fresheners. No beer. Why Charlie, why?? My baking would be much, much better with a beer. Seriously. And the Swiffer would definitely be more fun with a beer in the other hand.
Mir gets all the good stuff. *hmph*

See what I mean?! W H I N E. As it turns out, Charlie looks at the comments (how embarassing) and sent me the nicest email (hoping to get me to shut the hell up, I'm sure).

Buff, I caught your comment over at WouldaShoulda. Only reason I didn't contact you in the first place was because we have such a limited supply. But guess what... we have a handful left and...

...and I was happy! The beer arrived last Monday (a beer! in the mail!! YAY USPS!), which as you may remember was the day I was packing to take the plane ride from hell down to TEXAS! (I was blissfully unaware of the puking in my very near future). It came in a cool metal sided box that you could carry a bottle of wine (or soda, I suppose) in, a really neato bottle opener, and a CD Rom about the New Heineken Premium Light Lager Ale. So as I packed, I thought to myself, "Self? This packing stuff really sucks. A beer would make it better. Yes, a beer. Packing is much better with a beer than packing sans beer."

So off to the fridge I went and fetched myself the pretty green bottle that reminded me oh, so much of college and one particular Angel Flight sponsor at NatCon (Mrs. J knows what I'm talking about, "Too many greenies...")

So...how is the New Heineken Premium Light Lager Ale, you ask? Let's see, it tastes like, well, like light beer. I'm not a big light beer drinker. I have mentioned my beer of choice here before, but Heineken Light was pretty good for a light beer. Probably not my first choice, if I had my druthers, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone were giving it away at a party. (my favorite beer is FREE beer).

My boys were fascinated by the green bottle, "You dwinkin a GWEEN beeor, Mommy?" And the bottle was lovely...for a beer bottle. However, when I knocked it off the counter the next morning as we were headed out the door to meet Mike at the aero club (paging Mr. Murphy...clean up on Aisle 9), I didn't think it was quite so lovely. In fact, I'm almost certain that "lovely" was NOT one of the words that escaped my lips as I hastily cleaned up the mess.

So anyway, Charlie, when will you be handling the PR for Grey Goose, Jose Cuervo or Crown Royal? I'm your girl, there. All over that campaign. All. Over. It.

No comments: