Phrases I swore I would never use:
- Washing the dishes is not the same as cleaning the kitchen. When the counters and table are still filthy, the kitchen is NOT clean. Only the dishes are.
- I can't believe that I buy you nice clothes just to see them wadded up in your bedroom floor. Nobody appreciates anything around here.
- Did you brush your hair? Really? Well, maybe you should go back over it again and this time try to get the tangles out.
- Either YOU clean up your toys or I will clean them up. But when I clean them up, I use a garbage bag.
- Fine. Wear that to school/soccer/outside if you want to. But I don't want to hear about how cold you were all day.
- Stop tormenting your brother. He will be bigger than you someday and you will regret all the mean things you did to him. Trust me.
- Well, I'm not (random friend's name)'s Mom, am I? You'll have to see if you can move in with him/her if that's what you want.
- Why don't you have a piece of fruit instead?
- Not until your room is clean.
See what I mean? Oh, the humanity!