Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It means "no worries" for the rest of your meal....(sing it with me!)

I got to go to a Pampered Chef party tonight. It has been far too long since I had been to one. I seriously cannot turn one page of that catalog without finding something on it that I own. And there are many things of which I have multiples. Pampered Chef = Mommy crack.

This particular party was paired with a Tastefully Simple demo as well. I, somehow, had never seen one of these kitchen shows. Now I have something else to spend money on. That's good. Because really, the cash was just piling up around here. I've GOT to find some way to spend it all. Yes, the Air Force pays that well. *snort*

And do you want to know how much I spent tonight? Do you? Nothing. Zero. Zilch. NADA. I didn't buy anything. Yet. I always have to bring the catalogs home with me so that I can decide what I want. (Notice I said want, not need.)

Anyway. I had such a good time. There was good wine. Good food. And the chance to get to know some really neat women a little better. We are all Air Force wives whose husbands are in the same program. It's cool, because we all come from different backgrounds, Air Force-wise. But we have been thrown into this situation with our husbands. (Yes, there are women in the Air Force and in this program, but their husbands don't come hang out at the Pampered Chef parties with the girls. Go figure!) The hostess tonight, G, is actually someone I sorta, kinda, but not really knew a long time ago. Our husbands were at pilot training at the same time, though not in the same class. We have had a blast getting to know each other. She is very sarcastic and witty and of course gorgeous, like me. *cough, cough*

I ate soooo much. The Tastefully Simple girl, J, also an AF wife, had us sample a good share of their product line. Yummy. And of course, we had the PC food. She prepared a Tiramisu Ice Cream thing. And this frittata that was delish.

My problem is that my kids have been stuck on watching The Lion King lately. So every time she said "fritatta," I had to giggle. Because going through my mind was the theme song for a new Italian cooking show. Featuring brunch items. Called "Hakuna Frittata." I crack myself up.

No comments: