Sunday, November 20, 2005

Weekend Recipe Exchange - Thanksgiving!

Theresa finally posted the theme for the recipe exchange TODAY! So I decided to share The Queen's recipe for cranberry sauce. Actually, I have embellished it by adding mandarin oranges to the mix. I'm also contemplating stirring in some walnuts, but haven't been brave enough. What do you think? I love this sauce. My boys like it, too.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!


Spiced Cranberry Sauce

1 C. Water
1 C. Sugar
1 3" piece fresh ginger, peeled
1 firm pear, diced
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 12oz pkg. cranberries
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
2 Tbsp lemon juice


Bring first 2 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan, stirring constantly(who actually stirs CONSTANTLY??). Boil 5 minutes. Add pear and lemon peel, return mixture to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries, reduce heat, simmer without stirring 3-5 minutes until cranberry skins pop. Remove from heat, cool. Remove and discard ginger. Add mandarin orange. Cover and chill. Stir in lemon juice just before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: