Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thirteen Thursday Thankfuls


Thirteen Things Buffi is Thankful for:

1. My children are healthy and happy and well adjusted (as far as YOU know)
2. My husband is the most amazing man on the planet and loves me like I never imagined someone could love me.
3. I have never, ever gone to bed hungry, cold or afraid for my life or my children. I've never had to worry about how I will feed my children or whether or not I can afford to take them to the doctor when they are sick. Trust me. I know what an enormous blessing this is. I truly and honestly thank God every day for this.
4. My parents are both alive and healthy and married - to each other - and are a vital part of my kids' lives, even from several states away.
5. I have the most wonderful girlfriends in the world. People I know I can call in the middle in the night and would be there for me on a moment's notice. And they know I would do the same for them.
6. I have some of the coolest, most compassionate internet friends who validate me every day and help me know that I am not the worst mom ever. I love you guys!
7. I have gone a whole week without a migraine! Yay Topamax!
8. TiVo. (any questions?)

9. My daughter was sooooo angry with me at bedtime tonight. Why am I thankful for this? Because even as mad as she was (trust me, she was pissed), she still wanted me to lay in her bed and read a chapter of her book to her and sing her a lullaby. She will be nine in six weeks, folks. I'm treasuring every one of these moments I have left.
10. Snow. No really, I hate snow. But my kids? They love it. And they had a blast playing outside in the snow today. So I am thankful for snow. Funny how that works. (pictures soon, I promise) Talk to me about this again in March...
11. Pampered Chef.
12. Central Heat.
13. DAILEE! (I know you were waiting for this) Keep up your prayers, people, because they are powerful! After I posted last week, she went home from the hospital on Friday afternoon. She had a scan on Monday and her tumor has shrunk significantly and the lesions that were on her kidneys are gone. Her counts are up so much that she is being allowed to go to her daddy's high school football team's play-off game. (He is a coach). They are all thrilled beyond belief. She is eating and doing really well. She starts her next round of chemo next week and it is supposed to be a particularly nasty one. (You know when the oncology nurses say it's nasty that it's gonna be a bitch). So keep up the prayers and good thoughts folks. God is sooo good.
14. I know, I know...but I am so thankful for all of you who come and read here. You all are a huge boost to my confidence every day, whether you comment or not. I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday. Much love to each and every one of you!! Mmmmmmwwwwwaaaah!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: