Monday, January 12, 2009
We will, we Will-ie
*boom boom BAM boom boom BAM*
We will, We Will-ie
At this point Bug attempts some sort of rap-type-thing that went something like:
I'm Wee Willie WINKIE
I run thru the TOWN
Upstairs & Downstairs
In my NIGHT GOWN!
(you get the idea)
SD and I were laughing so hard that we could hardly catch our breath. And the best part was that they did this for well over 20 minutes. Oh, dear lord in heaven, it was so stinking hilarious. Some days, I love living in this house with these people!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Okay, I know that I am running behind with these. But I've barely had time to check my email except for when I was in bed with the nastiest cold I've had in a long time. Bleh. Anyway, these are the things that I have been thinking about for the past few weeks. Things that are important to me to resolve to work on in 2009.
- Focus on being the wife my husband needs me to be. I have choices in this life and I am choosing to make my marriage stronger and happier. I love this man more than anything & he deserves the best.
- Take more time to listen to what my kids are saying to me rather than insist on immediate compliance. Sometimes I am so focused on what I want them to do or not do, I don't wait to hear the explanation of WHY they are/aren't doing something.
- Make my husband and children feel treasured and adored. Because they are. Each one of them.
- Laugh more and yell less.
- Practice more patience as SugarPlum enters these preteen years. This is a very scary, crucial time. I have GOT to remember to take a deep breath and think before I judge or act. She needs to be able to trust me as much as I need to trust her. Heaven help me.
- Continue to eat healthier and go to bed at a reasonable time (ie sometime before midnight!)
- Remember that I started this blog to write about my life and to make a record of all the cool, funny things my family says and does. I have lost what should have been so many wonderful memories the past few months because I have been at a loss about what to write. I want to get my "mojo" back.
I appreciate those of you who have been here to support me in the past few months. It's been a roller coaster and you have been invaluable to my life! Happy New Year, y'all!