Friday, December 30, 2005

Just stick band aids on 'em already stop & your whining...

Our getaway was just what we needed. We came back refreshed, revived, and closer than we have been in a long time. Our marriage seems to be getting back on track. Amazing what just 24 hours alone can do for you. I feel like I am falling in love with my husband all over again. How sappy that looks when I type it.

I had to pack quickly Wednesday before we left. We had an appointment to get to and I had slept in. Bug was finally feeling better but he is on this "Daddy Daddy Daddy" kick where I can do nothing for him. So, when it came time for his nap, Daddy had to put him down, because Mommy was no good! This has never happened to me. The other two have had their "Mommy only" times, but never "Daddy only." It's bizarre to me. (and I don't like it, but I'm not supposed to admit that so let's just keep it between you and me, okay?!)

Anyway, I packed so quickly that I didn't pack the right color bra. I wore a brown sweater and so, I had on a white bra. The other sweaters I had packed were off-white. And we all know that you can't wear a white bra with an off white sweater. Okay guys, you are just going to have to trust me on this one, it's just not done. A girl just ends up looking bad. This is so NOT the point of this post, it is just getting us to the point of this post.

So, I drag SD all over the mall looking for a bra that fit. The problem is that I stopped nursing Bug a month ago and am left with very little in the mammary area, ifyougetmydrift. We started at Victoria's Secret. They didn't have anything small enough. Okay, let me clarify. They didn't have anything comfortable and affordable that was small enough for me. I really didn't feel like paying $40 for an underwire bra that I don't like just because it's the right color. Besides, the dressing rooms were all full and I didn't feel like waiting.

Next, we went to Macy's and their lingerie dept had a whole bargain bin of bras for only $9.99. So, I tried on a 36A and a 38A and both were way too big. How embarrassing.

Next, we looked at Sears, a store in which I loathe to shop for myriad reasons I won't bore you with here, because, honestly, this post is boring and wandering enough as it is. Once we found the lingerie dept, SD located the bras for me (he's handy that way). I found those Playtex ones that have the "in between" sizes. I was looking for a 36 or 38 A in a nudish type of color. I ended up grabbing an "almost A" by mistake. Guess which one fit. Uh huh. Yep. Almost A. So, really, I don't need a bra so much a bra as a "bra-lette." Or an undershirt. Very demoralizing.

Then, today, I was at Meijers buying sweatshirts for my kids and looked over at the training bras for girls. Sure enough, there was a size 36. Just for research purposes, I grabbed it.

Yes, of course it fits.

The way I see it, I have two choices. I can be completely shattered about being flat chested and in need of a training bra at best. OR I can be overjoyed at my now "youthful" bustline, knowing that I will not have to worry about having boobs that sag to my knees (remember the scary nekkid lady from the gym?!) and the fact most of the winter I don't have to wear a bra at all. So, I am going with option B. Because I am a glass is half full kind of girl. Or, I guess in this case, I'm a cup is half full kind of girl.



No comments: