Monday, December 05, 2005

Next time try a shoe

with apologies to Holli

I have been having to stay on SugarPlum to clean up after herself in the bathroom post-toothbrushing. I often walk in to find water all over, toothpaste smeared in the sink, on the counter, on the ceiling(?!), used floss and cups (yes, multiple) strewn about and her toothbrush lying next to the toothbrush holder. *humph*

But really, I have never seen anything like I did a few nights ago when I walked into the bathroom to brush Bug's teeth. There was a pool of water on the counter as well as water dripping down the mirror and the wall. So, I called SugarPlum into the bathroom, asking what in the world this gigantic mess was.

She came in, innocently batting her freakishly long eyelashes (really, she's like a mascara commercial), "What mess, Mommy?"

Me: "All of this water"

SP: "Oh. Well....there was a spider and I was trying to kill it."

Me: "Okay, but that doesn't explain all of this water."

SP: "Hmmmm. Well, maybe I forgot to dry my hands first."

Me: "No, I don't think that accounts for this much water."

SP: "Well, I tried to kill the spider with water."

Me: "With water?" ::eyes narrow, looking with suspicion:: What do you mean?"

SP (eyes now downcast): "I was spitting water on it, but it just kept running."

Me (exasperasted): "So, how'd that work out for you? Did you kill it?"

SP: "No, it ran behind the mirror."


Superior Cognitive Ability. Indeed.

No comments: