Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Buffi

1. I don't know how I lucked out, but I didn't have to buy any Halloween costumes this year!

2. Bear is going to be a fighter pilot like his Daddy and we have had flight suits for all of them for a long time.

3. Bug is a dinosaur, using Bear's old costume from a couple of years ago. He wantd to be a "scawy monstah," but I talked up the dinosaur until he gave in!

4 And SugarPlum, who was going to be Hermione like her verybestfriendinthewholewideworld, The Princess, has decided instead to reuse her Statue of Liberty costume from two years ago. She doesn't want to take a chance that someone else will have the same costume! I can't believe that worked out!

5. SD and I have a costume party tomorrow night. I think I will wear MY flight suit. I even have a nametag with my call sign, Slayer. I may tramp it up a bit, tho, with a lacy black camisole underneath and spiked heels.

6. I was Betty Crocker today. I cooked homemade cream of chicken soup for lunch using leftover smothered chicken. The boys were in heaven. And then I put dinner in the crockpot so that I wouldn't be behind later. I am rarely this together.

7. AND? Before naptime, I even cleaned up the mess from making the soup for lunch & starting dinner. PLUS I remembered to run the dishwasher.

8. I'm afraid SD may have a stroke when he sees it.

9. We finally received notification about SugarPlum's testing for the Gifted and Talented program. She tested as having "Superior Cognitive Ability." The girl is freaky smart. I have been a little concerned about her getting bored, so I'm glad she will receive some enrichment, although it is only two days a month.

10. SugarBear's school had picture day yesterday- and yes I got it right! They were also allowing siblings to get photos done, so I took Bug. This is the first studio pictures he has ever had done. He's two and a half. I'm going to hell.

11. I am exhausted. The boys haven't been sleeping well at night. Last night, I heard noise up there and Bear was up playing. It was after 10:00. Then Bug was up several times. I lost count. *yawn*

12. I have settled in to going to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I ride the bike and walk on the treadmill. (I tried the elliptical machine. For 30 seconds. That thing is from the devil.) I bought a Pilates kit & plan on doing it on Tuesdays & Thursdays. We'll see.

13. SugarDaddy won the Husband of the Month award yesterday when he gave me my Christmas present early. An iPod Nano. He even had my name engraved on it. This way I have something to listen to at the gym. He's pretty great. I think I'll keep him!!



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Multiple Mania

2. Get the Thursday Thirteen Code Here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

3. Sleeping Mommy

4. Leanne

5. Karin

6. Jen

No comments: