Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Six Days till Lonely-ville plus a large portion of TMI

Well, I've changed my mind. I've decided that SD cannot go away for this remote assignment. No, I am not afraid of being a single parent. (Okay, maybe I am a little bit.) I am a take charge kind of girl when I have to be and I know that the kids and I will be fine. I have proven to myself that I can keep the house, if not clean, then not disgusting, either. This may seem like common sense to most folks, but I have finally found it within myself to actually tidy up after each meal. Amazing how much easier it is to keep the kitchen clean that way. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that? (I know, Mom. I KNOW.)

And, I have kept up with the laundry (for the most part) by insisting that the children put their clothes not into a hamper or (heaven forbid) on the floor, but directly into the washing machine. Then, when it approaches full, I wash them. (BTW, those Shout Color Catchers are the best thing ever invented. E-V-E-R. You could throw a white sock into a load of reds and the sock will still come out white if there is a Color Catcher in there. I hardly ever sort the laundry any more. If I had to, it'd never get done. Nobody even asked me to blog about those. This is my gift to you.)

And, no, I am not afraid to be alone in the house. I have done that many, many times.

No, the reason that I have decided that SD must stay is that I finally found my libido again. It must have been in one of those boxes for the past several years. I don't know if it is being back in Texas (although heaven knows that last time we were here I didn't have it. It was gone for a long, long time. And oh! how we missed it!!), finally finding the right combination of drugs to stave off the years of PPD, or that I have NOT been pregnant and/or nursing for over six months now. But WOO HOO the libido is back and we have been enjoying its return! And girls, let me just share a little about that man of mine: he is good. Very good. And so he must stay.

Yes, there are "things" that can tide me over somewhat until he is back for Christmas, but it's just not the same. I need my man. Seriously.

The Air Force will understand. Right? RIGHT???

Damn. It's gonna be a long twelve months.

No comments: