Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Green Works!!!

I've been meaning to post about this for weeks & keep getting caught up in other "issues" and forgetting.


Obviously, I am not an "earthy, crunchy" tree-hugging type of person. But I have also told y'all plenty of times about how I prefer to use the most natural foods possible in feeding my family. The same goes for cleaning my house. BUT I also want to use products that are going to be the most effective and help me get housework done as quickly as possible, with the least effort, and with the longest lasting effect. For example, I use baking soda to scrub my sink. Not just because it is natural and doesn't hurt my skin, but also because it works at least as well as any scouring powder I have ever used. Plus, if it somehow ends up in someone's cup or bowl, it won't require a trip to the ER.


Now, I have been trying various "green" products over the past few years, honing in on what works best. I tried several "green" dishwasher detergents and still haven't found one that gets my dishes as clean as I'd like. I've also tried various multi-purpose sprays and glass cleaners. Most of those haven't worked well at all and/or the smell has made me crazy. (Lilac and lavender both gag me and give me a nasty headache!)


MomCentral invited me to take a look at the new site, 30 Days to Natural, from Green Works cleaners (by the makers of Clorox). It's a really cool site with lots of tips on how to make cleaning your house a little more natural. You can have little tips emailed or texted to you each day. They even have a list you can print of easy ways to make you kitchen more natural.

I was lucky enough to get a bottle GreenWorks All Purpose Cleaner. I was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was. Even on my nasty stainless steel stove that is a giant PITA to clean, usually. I used it on the countertops & sink in the kitchen and then took it to clean the bathroom sink & the outside of the toilet. AND? My hands weren't burning when I finished, nor did I have a headache! We have a winner.

I'm looking forward to trying the GreenWorks glass cleaner and toilet bowl cleaner next. I am really enjoying this new "Natural" me!

No comments: