Monday, July 18, 2005

35

In two days I will be 35 years old. Never before has a birthday bothered me, but I just feel so old. I was so happy to turn 30 (yes, really) because nobody believes you when you say you are 29. Having a July birthday, I was always one of the youngest people in my class or group of friends. In high school all of my friends (Hi, Kristina!) were a year ahead of me, so I was definitely the youngest. My senior year was very sad & lonely. In college, I ran around with older friends as well (Hi, Elizabeth! No that's not an old jab, get over it). That was great because I had someone to buy booze while I was still underage. (SugarPlum, if you are reading this in 2015, that is completely unacceptable & you will SOOO be grounded for even thinking about it!) Anyway, I've always been the young one in the bunch. I was the one who got carded at R-rated movies when I was 23. I always got carded when we went out to clubs. I haven't been carded in years. Well, except by that sweet checker at the grocery store a few months ago. But I think he could tell I was having a bad day.

I am now among the older people in a group. I'm the wife who has the most experience in squadron, base stuff. That sucks. I am no longer in my early 30's. At best, I am in my mid-30's. I remember thinking how old that sounded when I was young. Thing is, I am very happy with my life right now. I love my husband. I have great kids. I am fairly content with things as they are. I can't think of much that I would change. (Other than perhaps winning the lottery. That would definitely cheer me up! )So what is my problem? Maybe we need to up my meds. Maybe I just need to get over it & stop whining. So, I will.

Overview...I'm old, whiny and need to get over it. Yep, that just about covers it.

No comments: