Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Is this thing on???

Okay, okay, I'm still alive. Thank you all for being so concerned. It's good to know I was missed! I went to my parents' house for a few days and had no internet connection. Which, honestly, is odd because my mom had internet waaaaaaay before most people I know.

Anyway, I had no internet to speak of, other than the pirated wireless signal I was able to use for about 45 minutes Sunday night. Funny thing, I sort of got used to NOT being online 24/7 (or being able to). And now, it's hard to get back into the swing of things. I did start a post in Word while I was home, but I can't find it right now.

Maybe tomorrow.

That has become my mantra.

There is one thing troubling me tonight, though. I just got my ParentCenter newsletter and read the latest installment of Ben and Birdy. At the end, there was a little blurb saying that there will be only two more installments. I feel like a friend is dying. Or at least moving far, far away. Catherine Newman's weekly stories about her sweet children have been a staple in my life for the past three and a half years. Hers is the first sort of blog-like thing I ever read. I will miss her so very much. I hope that we will get periodic updates on Ben & Birdy. I will miss them and Catherine and Michael very, very much.

More from me tomorrow, I promise. Or, at least I promise to try....

No comments: