Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I should be doing something else right now....

I am actively procrastinating right now. I have a PC show tomorrow morning and I need to wash dishes, get products ready, prep ingredients, assemble folders with order forms, catalogs, etc. I have done none of that. My hostess for tomorrow just called to tell me that she is expecting only two guests, so I guess that my motivation is out the window. I'm not mad or anything. One girl has sick kids, another one was informed that she has to be at work earlier than she originally expected and other stuff like that. These things happen. Hell, they happen to ME! She asked if I wanted to push the show back a few weeks. I am tempted. But I don't want her to think that I am being pissy or anything.

Also, my extended family has decided that now that I have the biggest house, that they will make the 3 + hour drive to Candyland for Thanksgiving next week. That's a minimum of 14 people here to inspect my home for the slightest bit of dust spend quality time with my kids and each other. I really ought to, oh, I don't know...finish unpacking, dust, sweep the floors, mop the kitchen, fold the laundry, clean the bathrooms, organize the linen closet, write a novel, compose a symphony, and/or win the lottery so that I can pay someone to do all of that for me.

But, no. I am blogging. Because that requires very little physical effort on my part. Which is a good thing.

***UPDATE***

I'm not sure what the heck was wrong with Blogger last night, but it wouldn't let me post this.

So the post-script to the whole PC story is that I cancelled it this morning after all. SugarPlum had a really bad migraine and decided to go back to bed. So I called my hostess (with the mostess...only not so much I suppose) to cancel so that I could be home to take care of SP. Long story short (HA!), SP wakes up at about 9:15 saying that she feels much better and she's ready to go to school. Heh. Soooo, I get everyone to school, come home and? clean house? No. Take a nap of course. I am exhausted. or lazy. Don't tell me your opinion of which.

No comments: