Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bliss

You know what I love? I love when you have been sitting around, feeling all sorry for yourself, wondering how things got to where they are. Not exactly unhappy, mind you, but just not how you had envisioned things however long ago.

Then, you start to listen to your kids playing outside. Together. Nicely. Your boys are helping your daughter collect leaves for a "leaf picture" (don't ask me, I have no idea). Then they are playing in the same imaginary scenario. With the same imaginary friends. Making silly noises and giggling together, and just being happy. Being brothers and friends. Discovering how to play and love and laugh. You have this opportunity to eavesdrop on memories being made and relationships being strengthened. Joy.

And you realize that nothing you could have ever envisioned could be as perfect as this moment in time. And that you actually took the time to pay attention and realize what a gift it is.

That's what I love.

No comments: