Monday, August 01, 2005

Kick Ass Fajitas (can you handle it??)

Because Kris asked for it, here is the recipe for my world famous, kick ass fajitas.

Flank steak and/or boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Tequila
Worcestershire Sauce
Mesquite flavored Liquid Smoke
FIESTA BRAND Fajita Seasoning **(I have tried other brands, & this is the absolute best!)
Bell peppers in various colors
Onions


Okay, put your steak or chicken on a platter & pour a little tequila over it. Then douse with worcestershire and liquid smoke. Now, sprinkle liberally with fajita seasoning. Be sure to do both sides. Unless you plan on eating only one side. Put the meat in a ziplock bag & pour remaining liquid from platter in with it.

Slice peppers and onions into strips and out into another ziplock. Pour some of the tequila, worcestershire, liquid smoke & fajita seasoning into bag. Seal & shake to coat veggies.

Put it all in the fridge for at least 4 hours. (In a pinch it can be less, but I like to marinate the meat overnight, if I remember)

Grill. I have no idea how long or at what temperature. SugarDaddy is the grillmaster here, so maybe when he gets a blog, he will tell you. We have a basket thingy that he grills the vegetables in. (Sorry for all of the technical jargon!) Please don't even let me hear about how you cook them on the stove. It is an affront to the fajita god.

Serve with tortillas (my friend Billy says that he grills the tortillas, too, but I just nuke 'em), sour cream, guacamole, cheese, salsa, black olives (a must in our house!), jalapenos, etc.

Oh, and margaritas. Gotta have the margaritas. Use up the rest of that tequila. Watch for the bambinos trying to mooch lemonade tho. Unless it's close to bedtime, then a little in a sippy cup might be welcome. Be forewarned, however, that salt is a bitch to get on a sippy cup.

**You can order this online thru their site. They also make Uncle Chris' Gourmet Steak Seasoning
. It is amazing. I use it on steak & grilled portabello mushrooms. mmmmmmm Actually, everything I have ever gotten from them is good. It is all widely available in Texas, but now that I am up here with the Yankees, I am just thankful that I can get it online!

No comments: