Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's here! It's here!!

Okay, first off, I am typing this on my NEW LAPTOP!! WOO HOO!! My new Dell Inspirion 6000 finally made it here yesterday. It has been quite an ordeal to get it here.

SD ordered the computer through the Base Exchange catalog. It was infinitely cheaper that way. It was supposed to be here the day before Bear's surgery. We cut them some slack and finally called that Thursday to say WTF???

Evidently, Dell had shipped my computer to our old address in Texas. The people living in our old house are strange enough (according to our old neighbors) that I didn't think that they would hold onto it until I got there. I know we changed the address on the BX website, so I'm not sure how that happened. And the BX people were oh so helpful. They basically said that since it had shipped, there was nothing they could do about it. Even though it was their fault that it went to the wrong address. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I was very grouchy about this. Plus, I had PMS. You do the math.

So SD called Dell they actually were helpful - to a point. The lady he spoke to at UPS told him that the laptop was still in Texas, but that it would be here by Friday. Friday came & went and no computer. We got on the UPS tracking site and as of Sunday, the box was in Missouri. Not looking good for the home team.

Monday morning it was in Kentucky. Damn.

I was leaving Tuesday and I was really hoping to have my new computer. I didn't want to take my poor, sad hillbilly laptop with its cracked screen and missing keys on my trip. So embarrassing. Ultimately though, Bubba Ray Laptop and I were off for Texas Tuesday morning.

Tuesday evening, my computer arrived. But we all saw THAT coming, didn't we?

Only, when SD took it out of the box, he noticed that it didn't sit level. The bottom was warped. Were the laptop gods conspiring against me??? A quick call to Ahmed at Dell Customer Support and another laptop was on its way. They said it would be here Wednesday. Imagine my surprise and delight when it arrived Monday! I could be bitter, but I choose to be happy to have it. Dell's customer support was great! And SD already has all of my goodies loaded on the new computer. All my favorites and all of my pictures. He's a pretty handy guy to have around, I'll tell ya!

So, now maybe you will get to hear all about my trip. Tomorrow, though. I've still got some snuggling to catch up on with my SugarBabies!

No comments: