Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm exhausted just typing this **UPDATED**

So....HonestyRain posted this weekend about how her family has started eating healthier and included the planned menu for the week. And let me just say that if I could get to Canada every night, I would totally be eating at her house. Except for the vegetarian meatloaf. Because that is just wrong.

I got to thinking about how crazy our eating habits have become over the past few months. I have always been a mommy who cooks healthy. Anyone who knows me can tell you that. Except that I don't cook lowfat. Because, yuck. But we almost always have a protein (or "crotein" as Bug says) and at least one vegetable. And I try not to be too carb heavy - if we have potatoes or rice, the kids are often disappointed that we don't have rolls. And I really don't ever fry stuff. Mostly because I don't want to have to clean up that mess, but also because greasy stuff makes me gag. (That said, I AM a Texas girl, and so I do make Chicken Fried Steak every so often. I am required to by law.)

Lately though, things have slipped a little. I am probably still pretty healthy by many people's standards, but not my own. We have eaten more fast food than I would like to admit. And we have even had cereal for supper more than once in the past few weeks. I'm not proud.

As I was reading HonestyRain's post, I got to thinking that maybe I should do a better job of planning our meals. Then I thought about our schedule for the next few weeks and realized that I don't even know when we are going to eat supper. Let alone what I am going to fix.

Until the end of the month, both Bear and SugarPlum will have basketball AND soccer practice. In addition, I am going to start a yoga/Pilates class at our church. (Aren't you proud Peaches?) As a result, our schedule looks like this: (edited Monday evening)
Monday: Bear - soccer 5:30 - 6:30 Bear's soccer practice got moved to Sunday afternoons at 2:00!! Now we can eat supper before b-ball practice. YAY!SP - basketball 6:00 - 7:15

Tuesday: SP - soccer 5:30 - 6:45 (or so)
Bear - B-ball 5:30 -6:30
Mommy - Yoga/Pilates 5:30 - 6:30

Wednesday: Church supper 5:00
All three - children's choir 5:30-6:30
Wednesdays are fantastic, because supper is taken care of and the kids are occupied...by someone else!
Thursday: SP - soccer 5:30 - 6:45
Bear - soccer 5:30 - 6:30 5:00 - 6:00, the coach has agreed to drop him off at the church if he's done before my class is over!Mommy - Yoga/Pilates 5:30 - 6:30

Friday NOTHING!!! Gray Gray & Gram coming.

**1. No, the soccer practices are NOT at the same places. 2. The b-ball practices are at the church, same as the yoga/Pilates and they have childcare, so at least there's that.

Since my boys reeeeeeaaaallly need to be in bed by 7:30, I ask you, When in the hell are we supposed to eat? I am guessing that we will be eating at like 4:30 and having some sort of snack before bed. That, or we are back to picnicking at practices!

But really, do you know what I think I really need? (Other than a refill on my Xanax) A driver. And/or a chef. And/or a nanny. No, no, no. What I need? is a wife.

No comments: