Monday, June 18, 2007

Why was six scared????

The word random has become a staple in my daughter's vocabulary as of late. Almost as much as like. So when Mother Chaos tagged me with this meme "Eight random things about me," I had to giggle. And then put it off for several weeks like the procrastinator I am. So....here we go.

Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I have a marked aversion to crowds. I get very claustrophobic and irritable when I am in a place with a bunch of people. This really precludes my attendance at concerts and trips to amusement parks. It's why DisneyWorld is almost completely out of the question.

2. I also have a totally irrational thing about noise. It makes me crazy. Having two boys under six makes this a lot of fun.

3. As you can imagine the idea of a sensory deprivation room is very appealing to me.

4. I am considering chopping all (or most) of my hair off. Seriously. My hair is just past shoulder length right now. But I am feeling very old and frumpy. I'm thinking a pixie cut like this is what I may go for. I have an appointment for a haircut Tuesday, so I may do it. Except you know I'll chicken out.

5. The Kary May mafia is stalking me. (Name of well known cosmetics company change to avoid potential lawsuits. Heh) I don't have any problem with that company in and of itself. HOWEVER...there are people at my church who sell it who can't seem to have a conversation without it somehow coming back to Kary May. And one friend in particular who keeps popping up in the halls at church "recommending" products to me and trying to get me to host some sort of "party " at my house. Which is hysterical, given that A) I so very rarely wear make-up, and B)I hardly ever have people over to my house because I don't like to get it clean enough. (although SD swears that this will change when he gets back...we'll see)

6. Now that summer is here, along with trips to the water park and our impending beach holiday, the issue of swimsuits rears its ugly head once again. For the past, oh, eight or nine years, I have preferred (read insisted upon) buying swimsuits with skirts. Yes, I have a ginormous ass, but it is more a matter of shaving. I don't like shaving "that area." And don't even talk to me about wax. I think I have covered that before.

7. Speaking of warm weather...I am a beyond white. It's true. My skin almost glows in the dark. And no amount of sunshine is going to tan it. I have two states: white or burned. I'll take white, thankyouverymuch.

8. Now that SugarPlum has completed fourth grade, I am quite certain that I have reached the limit of my ability to help her with her math. It took me three tries to pass College Algebra for crying out loud. And that was mumblemumble years ago. Thank heaven her daddy will be here to take care of math from here on out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So there. I did it. Eventually. Are you happy now? I know I'm supposed to tag eight people, but trying to come up with those eight might just delay this post for weeks more. So...you, you, you, you, you, you, you aaaaand you. Heh. If you do this meme, leave me a comment to let me know so I can come see! And link you!

**BONUS POINTS if you know the answer to my riddle!**

No comments: