Saturday, October 15, 2005

No News is.....pissing me off

I have this little quirky thing about me. (Okay, more than one, but right now we are concentrating on this ONE) I have to watch the news before I go to bed. I need to know what is going on in the world. I need to know the weather forecast. I need to know, dammit!

So, tonight I am watching my Tivo'd episode of SuperNanny [sidenote: Did you see this episode? That bratty little girl, hitting, scratching, biting! her parents!! That would happen once at my house. Holy crap!] and by the time it's done it is almost 11:30. No problem. I put the television on the channel I watch for news, knowing that I can back it up and watch the news. Well, I switch back over to live TV, expecting to see the face of my friendly neighborhood sportscaster. What do I see? NASCAR. You heard me, NASCAR, people!

Now, I have no ill feelings for NASCAR. Until it makes me miss the news. Now, it's too late to switch to another channel, because all of the other newscasts are nearly over. So I sit here, thinking that surely it will be over in a couple of minutes.

No, it was an HOUR later that the Missmynews 500 was finally over. I was committed at this point, I was watching the damn news.

So what is going on in the world? Not much, as it turns out.

Damn NASCAR.

No comments: