Monday, October 03, 2005

100 things (finally)

I know, it's about damn time. Finally, the long awaited


100 Things About SugarMommy


1. I am a Christian.

2. Yes, a born again Christian.

3. Southern Baptist, even.

4. I will not cram it down your throat. If you ask, I will tell you anything you want to know about my faith. And when you want me to stop I will.

5. There is a lot about me that might surprise you once you know about the first stuff. Other things, not so surprising.

6. I am a Texas girl. Born there. Raised there.

7. Hope to get back there to stay someday when SD gets over this whole Air Force thing.

8. I can be incredibly obnoxious with my whole Texas pride stuff.

9. I try to rein it in. But seriously, Don't Mess With Texas.

10. I went to a magnet high school that had lots of college prep classes as well as performing arts classes.

11. My PE was ballet.

12. I was an honor student in high school.

13. I got over it in time for college.

14. I wanted to be a cheerleader in high school more than anything in the whole world.

15. My freshman year, I got laryngitis the week of tryouts.

16. I tried out anyway. With a fever of 101.

17. I didn't make it.

18. The critique sheet said "Needs to yell louder."

19. I tried out again my sophomore year, but if you didn't make it the year before, you didn't have a chance afterward.

20. So, I was a choir geek.

21. I was in the show choir.

22. I am freakishly flexible.

23. I can bend my legs backwards.

24. My husband is a happy man.

25. I met SugarDaddy in Washington D.C. at the Air Force Assn convention.

26. We didn't start dating until he moved to Texas for pilot training.

27. He lived 3 1/2 hours from me.

28. We never lived in the same town until we got married.

29. He gave me a promise ring on our third date.

30. He is a pretty swell husband in spite of our ups and downs.

31. I am a very good cook.

32. I am not a Martha Stewart type of cook.

33. I'm better at comfort foods.

34. If there is a shortcut, I will take it.

35. My kids like my Smothered Chicken, Enchiladas, and Stuffed Shells.

36. I will gladly share just about any recipe that I have but be aware that it will contains phrases such as "a glop of" or "three or so shakes of."

37. I have a degree in Early Childhood Development and Education.

38. I taught kindergarten after I got married.

39. When we moved, I worked as a tutor at a "learning center" until SugarPlum was born.

40. Now I am a SAHM and love it.

41. I never want to be a teacher again.

42. Other people's kids get on my nerves.

43. When I grow up I want to be a doula. (Hi Hula & Lonna!)

44. Or maybe a nursing consultant.

45. I love nursing my kids.

46. I am not a tidy person.

47. All of my IRL friends who read this are laughing their butts off right now.

48. Seriously, I am lacking the housekeeping gene or something.

49. I am at a loss as to how to keep my house neat.

50. The best I can do is try to keep it from being unsanitary.

51. I like to believe that I do a decent job of this, at least.

52. SugarDaddy will tell you that I have been doing better lately.

53. I'm at least making an effort.

54. Antidepressants are a beautiful thing.

55. I procrastinate.

56. Big time.

57. I have been working on this list for eight months. (HA!)

58. This may contribute to the housekeeping issues.

59. The laptop does little to help with my procrastination problems.

60. In college, I would put papers off until the last minute.

61. SD and I had a big fight about this while we were dating.

62. He told me that I would make a much better grade on that paper if I had put more time into it.

63. I got a 100%.

64. I am a very loyal friend.

65. There is very little you can do to get rid of me forever.

66. I am a grammar Na*zi.

67. Misplaced apostrophes send me over the edge.

68. Poor grammar irritates me.

69. I am a spell-check junkie.

70. 100 things is a lot to come up with.

71. I love to sleep.

72. I also enjoy napping.

73. Resting ranks high on my list as well.

74. My name really is Buffi.

75. Actually Buffi comes from my middle name, which was my grandmother's maiden name.

76. My first name is very classic and lovely.

77. But I have been called Buffi since the day I was born.

78. Some girls pretend they have exotic names. I used to fantasize that my name was Susan.

79. I can have a potty mouth.

80. I have curbed it some since having kids.

81. I love to snack.

82. Chips, cookies, candy. LOVE IT.

83. I hate, hate, hate to exercise. (see #s 71 - 73)

84. As I enter my mid-to-late 30s, this is becoming a problem.

85. Sunday, SD signed us up at the YMCA.

86. We'll see how that works out. (update: as of April, we are all done with that fantasy)

87. I am addicted to Diet Coke.

88. Have been since Junior High.

89. Okay, in Jr. High, it was Tab, but you understand.

90. I can't drink regular Coke. Too sweet.

91. Except in Coke Floats or Colorado Bulldogs.

92. I make a mean Colorado Bulldog. mmmmmm

93. I also make good Margaritas.

94. I used to read voraciously.

95. At least a book a week.

96. Blogs seem to have cut into this particular addiction.

97. I'm a Daddy's girl.

98. He's still wrapped around my little finger.

99. Although my kids have stolen some of that from me.

100. I am so happy to finally be done with this list!!!!

No comments: