Thursday, November 03, 2005

Buffi's Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Buffi

1.The weather is so nice today. Almost 70 degrees. So, why am I having to force my children outside? Right now Bear is wearing a long sleeved t-shirt, sweatpants, no shoes and a winter hat. Crazy boy.
2. Yesterday for SD's birthday we went to TGIFridays and had terrible service. We went early so that we could have plenty of time for birthday cake afterward. As it turned out we didn't get our food until about 45 minutes after we ordered. The manager would only say there was "a delay." That the kitchen was so busy that they got backed up. Whatever. That would hold more water if all of the people around us hadn't gotten their food & left before we got ours. Dork. We got our dinner for free, though, plus over $30 in vouchers, so it wasn't a total loss.
3. I was up way, way too late last night doing those stupid "Blogthings" quizzes. It's like a disease, those things.
4. Tonight is "Family Night" at SugarPlum's school. I am glad to finally get up there and see what she is doing at school. But I am in such an "unmotivated" mood that I am wishing it were another night.
5. A couple of days ago, SugarPlum came to me holding one side of her chest, telling me it hurt. She did it again the next day and wanted me to feel it. I told her that I thought she was beginning to "bud." (trying to tell this and avoid creepy searches.) She blushed form her toes up and said, "That's what I thought," and then she was giggly the rest of the night. I am so not ready for this onslaught of hormones!
6. I finally started eating Halloween candy. Now I can't stop.
7. In a related story....I have only been to the gym once this week. And that was Monday when I rode the bike for a grand total of nine minutes. That was it.
8. Oh, and that Pilates kit I bought a few weeks ago to use on the days I'm not at the gym? Still in the box.
9. My best friend, Elizabeth, who is getting married in April, keeps sending me pictures of wedding dresses. It sucks, because I so want to be there in the shop with her to help pick out the dress. But I love that she is including me in her quest. I miss her.
10. My other best friend (what, am I in junior high?), Kristina, is getting married in May. She hasn't even started looking at dresses. She has two kids (my godchildren) and a very, very hectic, busy life. I hate that I can't be there to help her with her wedding.
11. Note to SugarDaddy: Please don't take this as me being mad at you for moving us up here. Because really, what I want most in the whole wide world is to be with you. I'm just whiny today.
12. Is it juvenile that I have three "best friends?" Kristina has been my best friend since high school. We've been through a lot. Elizabeth was my pledge trainer in college. That's a fun story I'll have to share sometime! And The Queen has been my best "Air Force/mommy" friend since we met in England. I love them all more than I can express and cannot imagine my life without any one of them in it. I think I am just very lucky to have these three extraordinary women in my life.
13. Dailee goes in tomorrow for her second round of chemo. Keep her in your prayers still. There have been many obstacles and scary things over the last couple of weeks. I will give a more thorough post about her tomorrow.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Multiple Mania
4. Jen


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: