Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Is #%*& in the Spell Check?

My husband calls me the Grammar Nazi. I am pretty anal about grammar & spelling, pretty much always. One of my favorite books of all time is Eats, Shoots & Leaves. I spell check everything on the computer several times. Which leads me to ask...

What the heck is up with Blogger's spell check??? The following words have not been found in their spell check: main, blog, blogger, fishsticks, and (several others that I forgot to write down before I decided to post this).

Not only that, but it's suggestions for misspelled words crack me up. For example, its suggested alternative for fishsticks was "viscosities." HUH? And if you choose to correct a spelling yourself instead of using one of its inane suggestions, it yells at you and makes you sign a disclaimer releasing it from all responsibility for said word. (Okay, maybe it's not that extreme, but you do get quite a nasty message. )

Have you noticed any of this?

Whew, now that I've gotten that off my back, maybe I can get some sleep. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog...

No comments: